Sunday, October 4, 2009

Books


I am the worst person when it comes to finishing a book. Here's a list of all the books (that I can remember) I have started or am in the middle of:

And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie
The Silmarillion, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Conqueror Worms, by Brian Keene
The 120 Days of Sodom, by the Marquis de Sade
Dark Mountain, by Richard Laymon
Blood Games, by Richard Laymon
Beware, by Richard Laymon
Cuts, by Richard Laymon
Camp, by Alan Saperstein
It, by Stephen King
Rose Madder, by Stephen King
Cujo, by Stephen King
Needful Things, by Stephen King
Rage, by Stephen King (as Richard Bachman)
If Chins Could Kill, by Bruce Campbell
The Ruins, by Scott Smith
Redwall, by Brian Jacques
The Divine Comedy, by Dante
Superstitious, by R.L. Stein
Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science, by Jeff Meldrum
The Wolfman and other cases, by Sigmund Freud
Make Your Own Damn Movie, by Lloyd Kaufman

I did not include the countless books I had to read for school that I managed to not complete. Some of those include:

1984, by George Orwell
Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath
The Centaur, by John Updike
The Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
The Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
The Epic of Gilgamesh, author unknown
The Golden Ass, by Lucius Apuleius

Strangely, the books I do finish I end up loving. This makes me wonder why I get lazy and don't finish most of the books I start. Maybe it's the fact that I finished a book that makes me love it. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment